ADSM-L

Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-04 11:38:45
Subject: Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:36:53 -0400
Been there..........done that.....................NUMEROUS
TIMES..........................

I even had an open incident with IBM.

Followed *ALL* of their instructions, numerous times.

Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
05/04/2005 10:52 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Best OS for a TSM server

Zoltan,

It has to do with the vpd.properties file (in C:\Windows). You'll have to
delete all lines in that file with regard to ISC or AC and then it will
install just fine, but only one faulty install will mess up all other
installation attempts, because this file is not cleaned when installation
fails.

Richard.

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
04-05-2005 17:11