ADSM-L

Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-04 11:14:22
Subject: Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:11:08 -0400
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/04/2005
10:56:21 AM:

> Richard,
>
> I upgraded to TSM 5.3 a couple of weeks ago.  The ISC installation
> failed, and I have been unable to access the TSM server via a gui to
> administer it.  Not a big deal for me, but we have some folks in
> operations that relied on the gui and are waiting patiently for me
> to finish the install.  I am currently working with IBM on
> reinstalling the ISC, but after six attempts, we are still unable to
install it.

Only SIX attempts ?   It took me over 10 to finally get an install that
completed (on a W2K machine) !

Also, I got better results installing on a completely virgin machine (i.e.
bare Windoze just installed and patched - nothing more).