ADSM-L

Re: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-03 11:35:37
Subject: Re: Best OS for a TSM server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:33:59 -0400
On May 3, 2005, at 11:25 AM, Stapleton, Mark wrote:

This naturally means you'll pay a lot more for a IBM pSeries server
than
you will for a comparably equipped Intel server.

To add a bit:  Look into the used marketplace.  We went that way, and
got high power (p650) at a low price.  Don't overlook SSA disk: it's
fast, highly reliable, configurable (RAID, etc.), and incredibly cheap,
as so many customers are giving up theirs as they head to SAN land.
We've used SSA for servers for many years and love it.

   Richard Sims