ADSM-L

Re: Problem with TSM 5.2.3.0 and TDP SQL v2.2.

2005-04-28 13:30:04
Subject: Re: Problem with TSM 5.2.3.0 and TDP SQL v2.2.
From: "Mcnutt, Larry E." <larry.mcnutt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:29:08 -0400
Del,

Thanks for your insight.  We were able to determine that the stored password
for the tdp was not the value we wanted.  After we ran the "dsmcutil
updatepw" command while in the tdpsql folder, the stored password value was
set to the desired value.  We were not able to use the "tdpsqlc
changetsmpassword" command to force the update of the stored password.  All
is well.  Ship ahoy!

Thanks again,
Larry

>Larry,
>
>Have you tried connecting the TSM Server with the Data Protection
>for SQL command-line interface? For example:
>
>     TDPSQLC QUERY TSM
>
>and if necessary.... use the "/TSMPassword=tsmpassword" option.
>For example:
>
>     TDPSQLC QUERY TSM /TSMPassword=tsmpassword
>
>Thanks,
>
>Del

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not forward,
copy, print, use or disclose this communication to others; also please
notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
system.    The Timken Company / The Timken Corporation