ADSM-L

Re: DR Question

2005-04-27 14:30:12
Subject: Re: DR Question
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:29:54 -0500
We use LTO-1 for our offsite tapes -- it runs to about 100 to 140 tapes,
depending on time of year and how aggressively I run one of the
reclaims. And four TSM database backups, just to be on the safe side (I
run two, back to back, to go off-site each day).

Back when we used DLT-IV tapes (DLT-7000 drives) 'everything' was about
200 to 250 tapes.

We keep our 'offsite' storage at our corporate hanger at the local
airport, and get to use the corporate bird to fly to our hotsite. If we
had to fly commercial, we'd probably ship the tapes out via one of the
overnight outfits.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc