ADSM-L

Re: DR Question

2005-04-27 11:56:08
Subject: Re: DR Question
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:56:42 -0500
1)I Do. I stop reclamations for offsite the day of the "Disaster"
because if there is say a 2 week period between the Disaster day and the
day that you are doing the test you could posibly recall a tape that is
needed.
Onsite Reclamations I run as usual and actually step it up a bit because
I know I will be running low on scratch tapes.
2)I run expiration as usual as long as you have the database tape for
the day of the "Disaster" you will be fine here.
3)Order more scratch tapes before hand because you are likely to run low
if you have an extended period between your "Disaster" and your test
date.