ADSM-L

StorageAgent MountWait parameter

2005-04-27 08:19:23
Subject: StorageAgent MountWait parameter
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:18:31 +0100
Hallo *SMers

We are trying to determine what parameter controls the amount of time a
LANFree backup will wait for mountpoints to become available  before
bailing out.

So far we have looked at setting RESOURCETimeout on the StorageAgent and
the TSM server, and the MOUNTWait parameter, with no effect..

With RESOURCETimeout, the manuals say that it should be equivalent on
all machines participating in a shared library configuration. If we have
serverA and serverB, with serverA the library manager and serverB a
library client, along with StorageAgentA that is backing up to serverA;
to affect the mount waits on StorageAgentA would RESOURCETimeout need to
be changed on ServerA and StorageAgentA only, or would ServerB also
require it's RESOURCETimeout to be changed? IE; does 'all machines in a
shared library configuration' mean 'ALL machines' or 'All machines
participating in the current transaction' ?

..assuming RESOURCETimeout is the parm we are looking for ....

Can anyone nudge us in the right direction?

Thanks,

Matt.

Computer says 'No'..

This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by
those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any
distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Powergen Retail
Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is
responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Powergen Retail Limited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4
8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432