ADSM-L

Re: Multiple automated libraries in one storage pool

2005-04-26 17:39:42
Subject: Re: Multiple automated libraries in one storage pool
From: Rob Berendt <rob AT DEKKO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:39:25 -0500
I tried opening a problem with Tivoli as to how to do this.  He was
wondering if, since the 3581 has two ports on the back, if you could hook
one 3581 up to another.  I told him what traditionally those ports were
used for (two 400's taking turns with the one tape drive).  He's not sure
if it can be done, but that might be the only method.

Is there any hope to this?

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Rob Berendt <rob AT DEKKO DOT COM>
04/26/2005 03:18 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Multiple automated libraries in one storage pool

I have a Copy Storage Pool set up called LTO_3581_WEEK1.  It currently
uses Device class 3581DEV.  The device class 3581DEV currently uses
library TAPMLB01.  I've added another physical media library to this
machine, TAPMLB02.  I would like the storage pool LTO_3581_WEEK1 to use
both of these.  How do I set them up?  I want to back up to both devices
at the same time.

When I used manual libraries, with manual drives, it wasn't too hard to
set up.  However I can't figure out how to do multiple automated
libraries.

tsm 5.2.2
iSeries version V5R3M0

Rob Berendt