ADSM-L

Re: JR-backing up using UNC path to another server without the TSM client

2005-04-22 15:20:17
Subject: Re: JR-backing up using UNC path to another server without the TSM client
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:20:04 -0400
Usually the TSM server service on a Windows host is installed to run
under the SYSTEM account.
SYSTEm has no network logon privileges.

You will need to change the account for the TSM Server Service to
something that has 1) network privileges, 2) access to that UNC share,
and 3) admin rights to the machine that owns the share (the admin rights
required are detailed in the TSM for Windows client manual.)