ADSM-L

Re: Calculating MaxScratch vs Allocate Volume

2005-04-22 14:29:57
Subject: Re: Calculating MaxScratch vs Allocate Volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:28:43 -0400
On Apr 22, 2005, at 12:23 PM, Christopher Zahorak wrote:

I use the mtlib command to display the tapevolumes currently in the
library and then "grep" out the entries that have the "scratch" number
of
101 and then finally use the unix word count command -> "wc -l" to
perform
the count for me.

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI | grep 101 | wc -l

Why not just directly search for the scratch category code...

  mtlib -l $LMCP -qC -s $SCRATCH_CATEGORY_CODE

Richard Sims

"Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify, simplify!"  - Thoreau