ADSM-L

Re: LIBVOL Scratch Count

2005-04-21 11:32:54
Subject: Re: LIBVOL Scratch Count
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:32:33 -0500
Joni,

As some others have mentioned it has to do with the case of 'Scratch' in
you select statement.

I thought I would just show you a little script that I use to check my
library.  I call it chklib and it has three lines as follows:

select home_element,volume_name,status from libvolumes order by home_element
select count(status) as "Scratch" from libvolumes where STATUS='Scratch'
select 19-count(status) as "Empty Slots" from libvolumes

The first line list the contents of the library ordered by the element
number. I like that much better than by volume number.  The second line
gives me a count of scratch tapes in the library.  And the third line
tells me how many empty slots I have in the library, which can be very
helpful.  Please note in the third line you would change the number '19'
to the number of slots your library holds.  Also if you have more than
one library you might add "where library_name='lib'" to the commands.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Joni Moyer wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to get a count of how many scratch tapes I have in NASLIB.  I
issue the following command, but it comes up with 0.  Would you happen to
know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks!

select count(*) as "NAS Scratch Tape Count" from libvolumes where
library_name='NASLIB' and status='SCRATCH'

Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home E
Device
                                                             lement   Type

------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------
------
NASLIB        N00000       Scratch

NASLIB        N00001       Scratch

NASLIB        N00002       Scratch

NASLIB        N00003       Scratch

NASLIB        N00004       Scratch

NASLIB        N00005       Scratch

NASLIB        N00006       Scratch

NASLIB        N00007       Scratch

NASLIB        N00010       Private                 Data

NASLIB        N00017       Scratch

NASLIB        N00018       Scratch

NASLIB        N00019       Scratch

NASLIB        N00020       Scratch