ADSM-L

Re: Exchange backup

2005-04-13 23:00:31
Subject: Re: Exchange backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:36:53 -0400
Joe,

Are you sure about the details here? Microsoft Exchange Server
only supports four (4) storage groups for any one server.
Are you referring to databases? (There can be five (5) databases
for each storage group.) In addition, any end-user "customer" that
will be doing restores has Admin access to the Exchange Server
and therefore has access to ALL of the data on the server.
If the service provider will provide the backup service, they will
also most likely want to provide the "restore" piece as well.
I wouldn't want to put the restore control into the hands
of one of the end-user "customers" that I am providing this service to.

You could have multiple customers per Exchange Server,
but you would need to maintain control over backups and restores
in order to maintain confidentiality of the data for each customer.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/13/2005
03:59:49 PM: