ADSM-L

Re: DMZ

2005-04-12 10:17:35
Subject: Re: DMZ
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:17:23 +0200
Bill Dourado wrote:
Hi All,

I have been asked to backup a couple of Windows boxes which are  behind a
firewall.

I need some advise & details as to how to go about it, without comprising
security.

usually, these boxes are allowed to connect to any tcp port on the
internet. So as long as these clients are allowed to connect to your
server, this is easy.

Environment;-

TSM Server 5.2.2.0  running on Windows Server 2003
Backup/Archive client 5.2.3.1

Thanks

Bill

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams