ADSM-L

Re: Getting information from 3494

2005-04-08 11:34:02
Subject: Re: Getting information from 3494
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:18:35 -0400
What platform ?

If AIX, have you looked at the MTLIB command ?   My docs on MTLIB covers
info such as "Statistical Data", "Inventory Data", and so on.

FWIW, TSMManager collects all that info. It also keeps it historically
(IIRC, when a tape goes scratch, TSM flushes this kind of data for the
tape).

"Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
04/08/2005 10:57 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Getting information from 3494

I would like to start tracking information on tape mounts, errors,
cleanings, etc. for the drives used by tsm in our 3494.
Some of this I can get from tsm itself, but not all.

Is there any way to get such information from the library manager
remotely?

I am totally blind, and can't put screen reading software and hardware on
the lib manager machine itself.

I spoke to our CE, but he was clueless.

Any help would be appreciated.
The purpose of all this is to provide better information when trying to
solve drive problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer