ADSM-L

Re: Getting information from 3494

2005-04-08 11:15:49
Subject: Re: Getting information from 3494
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:12:05 -0400
Hi, Gary -

I provide a sample program at
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ProgrammingExamples.html which can be used to
promptly report 3494 problems and events: I employ its logic in a
comprehensive AIX environment monitoring system which I wrote for our
site. Drive cleanings can be reported from the AIX Error Log, if you
have AIX. (AIX5 provides newer C functions for Error Log traversal than
reflected on my web page; but you can certainly use the 'errpt' command
to readily extract data as well.) Let me know if you need further info.

   Richard Sims