ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Sysback integration

2005-04-06 11:12:55
Subject: Re: TSM and Sysback integration
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:11:22 -0400
If you use the TSM for Sysback to make your Sysback directly to TSM, you can do
a netboot of an AIX box using the sysback image stored in TSM.

David

>>> Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US 04/06/05 11:01 AM >>>
When you install the Tivoli version of SYSBACK it has panels related to
this,
but they seemed awkward.

We simply to scheduled SYSBACKS to a common disk area and a scheduled
TSM archive/delete moves them into TSM storage.

>>> spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU 04/06/2005 10:47:33 AM >>>
Hi All,

     I seem to recall that IBM integrated TSM and Sysback for AIX
mksysb
restores and DR of AIX Systems.  Can anyone point me at information
about
this?

Steve Roder
University at Buffalo
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)