ADSM-L

Re: Changing copypools

2005-04-05 11:50:44
Subject: Re: Changing copypools
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:49:14 -0400
Richard.  Where do you find the time to remember all this !

A very interesting idea/process. Would work great for small amounts of
data !

Unfortunately,  I have 20TB to move/recopy !

Thanks for the pointer, though !

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
04/05/2005 11:31 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Changing copypools

On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> Am I correct that there is still (even in V5.3) no method to move all
> data
> from one copypool to another ?
>
> I have a need to move all copypool data from a 3590 pool to an LTO2
> pool !
>
> IIRC, unless things have changed, the only choice I have is to
> re-backup
> the primary pool to the new copypool and then manually "delete volume
> discarddata=yes" for the 300+ volumes in the old copypool !
>
> Please tell me there is an alternative !

A previously listed alternative:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg57424.html