ADSM-L

ANR8447E .. Mount failed even though several drives in "idle" status

2005-04-05 07:24:14
Subject: ANR8447E .. Mount failed even though several drives in "idle" status
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 07:23:57 -0400
All,

TSM Server 5.2.4.0  (AIX 5.3)
3494 library w/ (15) 3590E

        Suddenly (I think) I am getting a LOT of ANR8447E messages.   A "q
mount" shows several drives in an "idle" state. My mount retention is set
to '3'.  I thought that the mount retention would be preempted if there
was a need to mount  a new tape. Can someone confirm or deny this for me?
I am finding if I manually "dismount vol xxxxxx" the problem goes away for
a bit until I get several "idle" drives again.

Thanks in advance.

David R. Nicholson