ADSM-L

Re: curious behavior

2005-04-01 13:15:33
Subject: Re: curious behavior
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:15:06 +0200
Hi,

Not that curious. The input tape for the reclaim process is mounted in
the read-Only status, the output tapes is being writen to, so is mounted
read/write.

This is normal and has nothing to do with the access state of a volume
seen by q vol.

In case of a readonly volume, mounted in read/write status and also
being the output volume of a process, I would begin to get worried....

Regards,

_________________________
Karel Bos
Technical Expert level 5
Server Management - Operations Back-up en Restore
Customer Unit Nuon
Atos Origin Nederland B.V.
Arlandaweg 98
1043 HP Amsterdam
Office:   +31 (0)20
Fax:      +31 (0)20
Mobile:  +31 (0)6.51.29.88.01
Mail: Karel.Bos AT atosorigin DOT com
The information in this mail is intended only for use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. Access to this mail by anyone else than the addressee is
unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken omitted to be taken in
reliance of it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact the sender by return e-mail and