ADSM-L

Re: Using multiple Ethernet adapters on AIX TSM server?

2005-03-29 09:01:37
Subject: Re: Using multiple Ethernet adapters on AIX TSM server?
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0500
You may need to look at more than one solution here. Please check if you
can confirm that at LAN switch level the overall utilization of TSM port
is higher than 85% AND if multiple TSM clients have backup problems
because of 'network bottleneck' on TSM GigEth interface. Etherchannel
and load balancing could be implemented at LAN switch level or at AIX
host level or DNS server, but with different focuses. Before adding more
NIC here and there, take a step back and try to gether as much
information as possible. No one can do any better job than you do at
your environment. Cheer!

Gus

>>> NAVEEN.NR AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU 03/29/05 12:23 AM >>>
Hi,

I don't know whether you can "merge" your two network adapter cards and
associated ip into a logical channel called etherchannel might help you
out. I know AIX supports etherchannel.

Try smitty etherchannel to help you with the config.

All the best