ADSM-L

Using multiple Ethernet adapters on AIX TSM server?

2005-03-28 10:24:14
Subject: Using multiple Ethernet adapters on AIX TSM server?
From: "Thach, Kevin G" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:23:56 -0500
I am currently using one GigE adapter on my TSM server, and I have so
much traffic coming into it during the night that I need to add another.
The new adatper will have a different IP, but will be on the same subnet
as the first one.  I am not sure of the right / best way to configure
it.

It's my understanding that provided this second adapter has its own IP
address, that I can specify that address in the dsm.opt file on certain
clients that I want to come in over that adapter.  Correct?

>From an AIX standpoint, do I set the default gateway for the new adapter
to be the same as the other one?  Or do I make the first adapter the
default gateway for the second one?

If anyone can offer some insight, I'd very much appreciate it.  A
screenshot of someone's routing table where this is currently set up
would be fantastic.

Thanks very much!

This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for
the use of the Individual(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or
copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
E-mail in error, please immediately notify us at (865)374-4900 or notify us by
E-mail at hdesk AT covhlth DOT com.