ADSM-L

Re: ANR8963E - AGAIN

2005-03-24 08:06:12
Subject: Re: ANR8963E - AGAIN
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:05:58 -0500
I've had issues with replacing LTO drives in a 3583 library. Unless I shutdown
the Windows server, then power cycled the library and
brought Windows back up I would get error trying to define the drive. It would
tell me that the ELEMENT= was not found.

Have you verified that the MTx.x.x.x device is still the correct one? I've had
Winders recognize the replaced drive as a NEW drive
and created a different name.

Also verify that the correct device driver is loading for the drive. If this is
Windows2000, make sure that the drive is being
controlled by the TSM device drive. For Windows2003, make sure that the tape is
using the TSM device driver. I've also seen where
Windows thinks it's a new or replaced device, assigning the same device name,
but not retaining or reloading the device driver for
it.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??