ADSM-L

Multiple instances + shared TSM configuration

2005-03-23 08:35:19
Subject: Multiple instances + shared TSM configuration
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:34:58 -0500
Hi all,

Thanks to Wanda and everyone else on my previous issue.

I have another one that just came up though. As I've mentioned in the
past, we're running tsm 5.2.2 and db2 8.1.4.

On one of our development boxes, we've setup a second instance. This is
strictly for resource isolation but we'd like to share backups between
the two instances freely. The instances aren't federated at all. Since I
have multiple instances, what's the best way to share backups between
these two?

If I create multiple nodes, is there a way to specify a different
dsm.sys for the second instance?

Is it even possible to share a node across multiple instances on the
same machine?

Thanks.

John E. Vincent