ADSM-L

Re: VolHistory-Question

2005-03-23 05:38:06
Subject: Re: VolHistory-Question
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:37:40 +0100
One of the issues with database backups... you cannot remove the last
database backup for a particular device class...

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
2005-03-23 11:26
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
VolHistory-Question

Hi all,

In my VolumeHistory I have an entry for a "dbsnapshot" to a
tape-device-class (for analysing an error by IBM) :
Date/Time: 11/25/04 18:12:19
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 1
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 1
Device Class: 3590DEVCL
Volume Name: 000805
Volume Location:
Command:

I took the tape out of the library some times ago. How can I delete the
entry in the Volume-History.
I tried 'delete volhist todate=today -4 type=dbsnapshot'. ==> ANR2467I
DELETE VOLHISTORY: 0 sequential volume history entries were successfully
deleted.
                  'delete volhist todate=today -4 type=dbsnapshot
devcl=3590devcl'
==> ANR6978E DELETE VOLHISTORY: Invalid device class 3590DEVCL
If I try to delete the volume from GUI, I can not choose
devclass=3590DEVCL.
Thanks for help

Chr. Pilgram

Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
IT Department