ADSM-L

Re: Tdp for domino slow performance

2005-03-23 02:30:32
Subject: Re: Tdp for domino slow performance
From: Tsm Lover <l_ambient AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:30:15 -0800
Hi Eduardo,
Thanks for turning up.It is a production server and offline backup is not
possible at all.
On domino server cpu,memory ,network are less utilized during backup.The only
activity is incomming mails.We are running 'encompac' job daily on the
databases.For some of the .nsf files the backup is very fast while for other it
is slow.If having some tips please share.
Regards
S.K

Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM> wrote:
What is the activity level on the Domino server during the backup?
Are the databases in use? If you can, stop the server and run
a backup to see what kind of numbers you get.
You should schedule the backup at a time when there is not much
activity on the Domino server.

Eduardo

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote on 03/21/2005
07:14:39 PM: