ADSM-L

Re: Oracle TDP Expiry

2005-03-22 11:30:12
Subject: Re: Oracle TDP Expiry
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:29:49 -0500
If you do NOT set a password expiry date, your clients' passwords
(whether Oracle or not) expire according to the "TSM-wide" password
expiration setting.   (enter Q STATUS and look for PASSWORD EXPIRATION
PERIOD to see the current setting).

If you have some clients that you do NOT want passwords to expire
according to the "TSM-wide" setting, you must EXPLICITLY set the
PASSWORD EXPIRATION PERIOD for the NODE to 0 (the default is blank).
That stops the password expiring for that node only.

Same thing for admin ids - blank means use the "TSM-wide" PASSWORD
EXPIRATION PERIOD, zero means don't expire the password.

Unless something has changed recently, there isn't any way to automated
the password changes for the Oracle TDP.  Set yourself a reminder to
change them manually every so often.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)