ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-17 11:20:09
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:19:17 -0600
You could skip the dsmfmt step - I don't think it actually buys you
anything.

We've just done define volume (you just need to calculate how much space
you have first to determine the # of volumes to define).

The disk only backup document states that dsmfmt may buy you less
fragmentation but this is not the case (at least on windows, on 5.2.2.4
- discussed on the list).

Tim