ADSM-L

Re: linux client version question

2005-03-16 06:10:26
Subject: Re: linux client version question
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:10:14 +0100
exactly the same here ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU" <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:30 PM

No problems that I am aware of !

I have been dispersing the 5.3.x client of all flavors (Windows, Linux,
Netware, etc) with no issues. Due to the ISC issue, I am in no rush to
update my production TSM servers to 5.3. All of my TSM servers are at
5.2.x on z/OS, AIX and Linux.

Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
03/15/2005 12:02 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] linux client version question

We currently run TSM server v5.2.2.2 , and will shortly have some linux
clients to backup.  We would be running SLES9 which doesn't seem to be
supported by the 5.2x clients.   The 5.3 client does support it, but I
wasn't sure of the safety/wisdom of running the 5.3 linux client against
a 5.2x server.  Anyone have a comforting experience, or horror story to
share?

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384
Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.