ADSM-L

Re: Windows TSM Client: PAE/AWE enabled?

2005-03-14 07:02:51
Subject: Re: Windows TSM Client: PAE/AWE enabled?
From: "Young, Steve" <Steve.Young AT NSHS DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:03:47 -0500
This will not work.

A single Windows process can not grow to more than 2 Gb of memory. I have a
similar issue on a box with 6Gb memory and multiple 1-2Tb file systems. Best
option we could come up with was Journal based backups, which enhances the
speed of backup and make things stable most of the time. Exception is if the
system crashes and the journal needs to be recreated.

Steve Young
Information Services