ADSM-L

Re: offsite archives?

2005-03-11 09:20:36
Subject: Re: offsite archives?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:19:18 -0500
How about creating a different storage pool with the desired volumes and
do a MOVE DATA (by NODE or TAPE) selecting just the ARCHIVE data ?

Tim Piqueur <tim.piqueur AT DEVGEN DOT COM>
03/11/2005 08:57 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] offsite archives?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to move archives to an offsite
location?
We have several archives (varying in size from 10 to 250GB). Since this
takes several tapes I was wondering if I could move those archives to
tapes that I can take out of the library to make room for others? (TSM
5.2.3.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3)

Thank you in advance,

Tim