ADSM-L

TDP Domino PIT

2005-03-08 18:28:34
Subject: TDP Domino PIT
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:28:17 -0600
TDP Domino 5.1.5 on Domino 6.5.3 on Windows 2003

We are attempting to do Point-in-Time restores of databases backed up
since early 2001.

If we look at the inactive backups in the TDP GUI we can see multiple
versions going back through the years.  If we do a point-in-time, with the
PIT set to 12/31/2001, TSM reports that there are no databases to be
restored.  We get the same results using the Command Line client and
/Pick.  Over the years this has been a pretty reliable system so I don't
think we've missed many backups.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator