ADSM-L

JR- Client Option set vs dsm.opt (sys)

2005-03-08 10:38:46
Subject: JR- Client Option set vs dsm.opt (sys)
From: JR Trimark <j.r.trimark AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:38:19 -0600
We are debating whether or not to use client option sets in addition to
the dsm.opt file.  A little history is needed for discussion sake:
We are backing up data only, which is typically on another drive.
Each server can have a different data drive letter depending on the
application requirements.
The include/excludes for each system will be different.
We are backing up AIX, NetWare, Linux and Windows.

I have looked through the client option set valid commands and came up
with only a handful that I would use, the remaining ones would go in the
dsm.opt (sys) file:
changing retries
dirmc
quiet