ADSM-L

Re: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!

2005-03-07 17:21:15
Subject: Re: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:20:44 -0500
Hi Tom,

I'm just wondering how you have a manual library and then have a path with
desttype=library instead of desttype=drive?  And also, can I just update my
lto2_offsite device class to point to my drlib manual library definition
since that is what will be asking for the tape mounts?  Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Kauffman, Tom"
             <KauffmanT@NIBCO.
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: disaster recovery drill:
                                       emergency!!!

             03/07/2005 05:09
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Your 'define drive' commands need to reference the library they're in;
FWIW, here's mine:

DEFINE DEVCLASS NIBLTO DEVTYPE=LTO FORMAT=DRIVE MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES
MOUNTWAIT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=60 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=ALEX
SET SERVERNAME ADSM
DEFINE LIBRARY ALEX LIBTYPE=MANUAL
DEFINE DRIVE ALEX DRIVE_01 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE PATH ADSM ALEX SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY ONLINE=YES
DEFINE PATH ADSM DRIVE_01 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRARY=ALEX
DEVICE=/dev/rmtX ONLINE=YES

And the 'define path' for the drive is all one line. I've actually got
this set up as my D/R device config file that I load from floppy just
before the database restore. Saves editing on-site.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc