ADSM-L

Re: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!

2005-03-07 16:35:52
Subject: Re: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:35:25 -0500
Would you believe -- both?

Until the TSM database is restored and TSM started, you live off the
device config file; after the restore, you live off the definition in
the TSM database.

So -- change the device config file -- I usually go with a one-drive
manual library, as that's all I need to get the database restore
running. Once the database is restored, start TSM and make any changes
required to drives/paths/libraries. I've found it simpler to just delete
everything and then re-define to match the D/R environment.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc