ADSM-L

Re: Accessing old backup sets

2005-03-07 11:38:16
Subject: Re: Accessing old backup sets
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:37:28 -0000
We have some backupsets from an old NAS filer that I now need access to.

The backupsets were backed up using a library we now longer have, a
different device class, the were backed up using CIFS & Named Pipes -
which we no longer use.
The thing is I've now been asked to get some files off the backupsets,
any ideas on how I can access them and recover?

(before anyone says that it was silly to get myself in this position, I
had no choice in that between TSM support and myself we couldn't get the
NDMP backups/restores to work along side the CIFS/Named Pipes backups)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Iain Barnetson
IT Systems Administrator