ADSM-L

Re: Operational Reporting

2005-03-04 19:26:11
Subject: Re: Operational Reporting
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:32:38 -0600
When you are in the customization screen for Op reporting at the top of the
screen you should see "Custom Template File" which tells you where the xml
file is located with all the information (c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\console by default).  As a practice, I typically do "save
as" and save my customizations to a different named file than the default.
If you keep all your changes in the default file, your changes will be
overwritten when you upgrade to a newer version.  Anyway, just copy that
xml file over to the other server and then in the same customization screen
you can hit the "Browse" button to find that xml file and select it.

Just curious about why you would have more than one Op Reporting console -
you can use the same console for multiple TSM servers if you want.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             Iain Barnetson
             <Iain.Barnetson@H
             ALLIBURTON.COM>                                            To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Operational Reporting

             03/04/2005 06:36
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

In the TSM management console, reports, operational reporting; I have a
daily report setup with some custom queries.
Is there a way I can export all the queries so that I can then import
exactly the same queries into another mngt console with out having to
labouriously type them in each time.

Regards,

Iain Barnetson
IT Systems Administrator