ADSM-L

Re: NDMP tape status

2005-03-04 15:51:37
Subject: Re: NDMP tape status
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:51:20 -0000
Joni,
In all honesty I haven't thought as far as checking the moved media back
in, but I guess it'll be a case of when the 12 months that I intend
keeping the moved media is up, I'll just check the media backin as
private and TSM, knowing that it is now out of date, will change the
media to being scratch media.
I'm not quite sure what the results of rem=yes or rem=bulk would be for
a ACSLS library, but I guess from reading the help file, with an ACSLS
lib the rem=yes or rem=bulk results in the same action: tsm puts the
tape in the "convenience slot" whatever that is. I've an ADIC Scalar
i2000 with multiple entry/exit slots in the door, and with rem=bulk, tsm
checksout all the tapes specified to these slots. Your best bet is to
try rem=yes and then rem=bulk see what happens :)

For knowing when to bring them back: " q med * stg=<yourstgname> f=d "
That will give you a list of tapes, their location, and the date their
"last reference date" - which I'm taking to mean when they were written
to last. Depending on your retention periods, you'll know that tpaes
older than xx days need tocome back. That's how I intend playing it
anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else can be more
helpful.
Iain