ADSM-L

Re: migration and backup

2005-03-04 06:38:10
Subject: Re: migration and backup
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:37:30 +0000
>>I use LTO Gen 2. Its read/write speed is 15-20 MB/s more than network
speed
>>(100Mbps). So migration is faster than backup

Maybe, but 20% of your 18gb pool is not a lot spare, and I do not think
you will get a continuous migration process anyway. It will reach zero and
then go all the way back to potentially more than 80% depending how big
the file in progress is. To find out exactly what is happening you could
schedule regular say 10 minute through the night "q stg" commands so you
can see exactly what is going on with your disk pool.
John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or
any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of
an offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC, S+S and SSE Power
Distribution are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.