ADSM-L

Re: problem backing up mapped network drive

2005-03-03 10:36:57
Subject: Re: problem backing up mapped network drive
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:36:39 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Rees, Chris (Corp)
>I have two windows 2000 servers with SP4 and TSM client 5.2.3.4 both in
>the same domain.   I have a TSM Server 5.2.2.3 on win2k SP4.
>
>Both TSM clients have a mapped network drive (F:) to a NetApp
>filer.  On both servers the permissions on the mapped drive
>are everyone has everything.
>
>When I log in as a domain admin and run an incremental backup
>manually everything works fine on both servers.
>
>Scheduled backups are a different matter. On one server they
>work. On the other they don't.  The errors I get on the
>failing server are
>
>02-03-2005 00:44:05 ANS1228E Sending of object 'F:\*' failed
>02-03-2005 00:44:05 ANS1063E Invalid path specification
>
>Which from reading previous posts and an IBM technote seems to
>point to permissions problems with the account running the
>scheduler service.
>However both scheduler services are running under the same
>domain admin account which is also the account that I've been
>using to log on and run backups manually.

Rule of thumb:
If it works manually, but not as a scheduled event, it is almost always
a permissions issue.

Reset the password for the domain admin ID under which the problem
child's TSM scheduler service is running under. (Double-click on the TSM
Scheduler service listing, and switch to the "Log On As" tab.

Office 262.521.5627