ADSM-L

problem backing up mapped network drive

2005-03-03 09:55:58
Subject: problem backing up mapped network drive
From: "Rees, Chris (Corp)" <Chris.Rees AT EON-UK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:55:35 -0000
Hi All

I have two windows 2000 servers with SP4 and TSM client 5.2.3.4 both in
the same domain.   I have a TSM Server 5.2.2.3 on win2k SP4.

Both TSM clients have a mapped network drive (F:) to a NetApp filer.  On
both servers the permissions on the mapped drive are everyone has
everything.

When I log in as a domain admin and run an incremental backup manually
everything works fine on both servers.

Scheduled backups are a different matter. On one server they work. On
the other they don't.  The errors I get on the failing server are

02-03-2005 00:44:05 ANS1228E Sending of object 'F:\*' failed
02-03-2005 00:44:05 ANS1063E Invalid path specification

Which from reading previous posts and an IBM technote seems to point to
permissions problems with the account running the scheduler service.
However both scheduler services are running under the same domain admin
account which is also the account that I've been using to log on and run
backups manually.

Anyone got any ideas as to what else I need to check?  Should I turn
some sort of client tracing on to look at the problem in more detail?

Thanks

Chris

This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by
those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any
distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the E.ON Group does
not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible
for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

E.ON UK Trading Ltd, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority to carry
out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432