ADSM-L

Real World requirements for ISC

2005-03-03 08:58:39
Subject: Real World requirements for ISC
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:58:01 -0500
At 17:05 3/2/2005, you wrote:
>Now that I have it fully running, I have to agree that this product is
>horrible and slow (even on the new dual-processor 3Ghz 2GB RAM system we
>bought just for it).

We are just beginning to plan our  TSM v5.3 upgrade from v5.1.   I've been
reading all
the emails about ISC with concern . . . .

q1)  What kind of system are you using for ISC?

The statement quoted above has us discussing just what kind of system we
should
use to run ISC.

  Win vs AIX  (does it run better on one or the other?)
  memory:  1gb, 2g, more?
  processors:  speed, number

q2)  Is ISC performance dependant on TSM server size?

What I haven't seen anywhere is whether the resources ISC needs depends
upon
the TSM instance size.  Our TSM servers are fairly big, with +130gb
databases and
backup 2-3tb per day.

Thanks!

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.