ADSM-L

Re: STK 9940B Tape Drive Exp with TSM?

2005-03-01 12:11:42
Subject: Re: STK 9940B Tape Drive Exp with TSM?
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:11:08 -0700
        LOL,

******
* Why would anyone want to replace 3592s with 9940Bs? <shudder> That's
rather like replacing a decent lean-cut beef
* chop with top-of-the-line dogfood.
*****

        I thought the same thing, but you put it in a much more
descriptive way.

        But knowing politics, the best hardware does not always win the
contract. Too bad, I'd really whine and complain if someone wanted to
take away my new 3592s. They are trouble free, fast and have monstrous
capacity.

Ben