ADSM-L

dsmserv format + initnode.dat

2005-02-28 15:09:41
Subject: dsmserv format + initnode.dat
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:28:12 +0100
Hi,

In admin ref. guide v5.2 under dsmserv format it states that I should use
the file, initnode.dat. Where is it? Is there any other file I should run?
I cant find the file on my 5.2.0.0 or 5.2.2.0 CD´s when I search the whole
CD, or in the 5.2.2.5 package I downloaded?
And dsmfmt is under \tsm\console\, not under \utils.

"From the c:\"program files"\tivoli\tsm\server2 directory, enter the
following commands:
..\utils\dsmfmt -data data1.dsm 4
..\server\dsmserv -k server2 format 1 log1.dsm 9 1 db1.dsm 13
..\server\dsmserv -k server2 runfile ..\server\initnode.dat
..\server\dsmserv -k server2 runfile ..\server\dsmserv.idl
Copy ..\server\dsmserv.opt
..\utils\adsm"

//Henrik

this message.