ADSM-L

Re: WinPE Image backup problem

2005-02-26 05:35:43
Subject: Re: WinPE Image backup problem
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:35:36 -0000
Andy,
I have to point out that far from supporting this particular field
guide, I found TSM support and indeed our account manager most
uninterested. However, that was the support in the UK.

I have found that if I call TSM support out with UK hours, I generally
get put through to either Canada or the US TSM support who I've found
altogether far more helpful.

At the time I did pass on my findings, as I say I don't have access to
my notes just now and I wouldn't want to try and related them from
memory for fear of getting it wrong but I do remember that the version
of "Diskpart" was crucial to success of the procedure, but no one in the
UK semed particularly interested which at the time I raised as being a
"poor show".
I was actually quite surprised, considering all the emails & telephone
calls that went back and fore at the time, to find that there was a
version 4 of the procedure (v1.0 to v4.0 in 8 weeks) and no one at TSM
in the UK gave me a heads up.

Oh well, not to worry, thankfully there's this user list and guys like
yourself and others willing to help out.

Have a good weekend.
Iain