ADSM-L

Re: preschedulecmd question

2005-02-24 00:18:53
Subject: Re: preschedulecmd question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:18:35 -0700
Eric, you are talking about the actual backupxx.log file created by
NTBACKUP, not the TSM dsmsched.log file.... correct?

The dsmsched.log file would not include the NTBACKUP output, which is
written to backupxx.log created by NTBACKUP. TSM has no control over the
operation of NTBACKUP (beyond launching the batch file that you have
written). Since it is NTBACKUP that is generating an inconsistent backup
log, Microsoft would be able to better answer this question for you. In my
own test cases using your batch file, both manual and scheduled backups
produced a detailed backup log file. I am sorry that I do not have a
better answer than this.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-23
19:21:28: