ADSM-L

preschedulecmd question

2005-02-23 12:22:55
Subject: preschedulecmd question
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:22:43 -0500
Good Afternoon.
I'm running with Win2K servers with TSM 5.2.2 and AIX 5.2 TSM 5.2.2 server.
I have a batch file I'm running that runs NTBACKUP and the preschedulecmd does
a great job.
The question/problem I have is the log file(NTBACKUP log) that is generated is
very different than if the batch is run outside of the preschedulecmd.
Normally I have a full log that NTBACKUP produces(run from a scheduled task or
on a command line) but when run with the "preschedulecmd" inside the dsm.opt
file I have minimal to no real output.
In the DSM.OPT file I have the following for the preschedulecmd.
preschedulecmd d:\NTBACKUP\SYSTEMSTATE_Backup.bat

Do I need to add anything different?  I've read the manuals and it appears you
only need to have quotes if there are "blanks" in the command.

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones
> *  eric.j.jones AT lmco DOT com
> *:   607-751-4133