ADSM-L

Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?

2005-02-23 11:24:41
Subject: Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:24:30 -0600
>From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
>Behalf Of Weinstein, Stephen
>Do not specify COLLOCATION on the tape storage pool.  Then all
>node will get put on one tape, or as few tapes as possible.
>

>From:  ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu]
>On Behalf Of Anders St|hlbom
>I want to create backupsets with several nodes to as few
>volumes as possible, the deviceclass in this case it LTO2.
>Is that possible at all?
>
>My task is to create one complete set of data on 50 nodes and
>a lot of the nodes is just about a couple of gigs, and spoil
>them with one LTO2 volume per node doesn't make sense.
>Or is there another way to fulfil this task?
>One of the requirements is that it should not be dependent of
>the TSM database.

You could (theoretically) stack up backupsets by using the method by
using the method described by Daniel (use of DVD blanks, etc.), but
there would be no way to actually *use* such backupsets.

Also, collocation and storage pool parameters have nothing to do with
backupsets.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627