ADSM-L

Re: SV: External Library def problem?????

2005-02-23 09:17:12
Subject: Re: SV: External Library def problem?????
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:09:28 +0100
Hi Bo

1. The documentation is incorrect. The correct command should be "update
path".

2. What kind of tape drive are you using? The fact you're using Gresham
tells me you're probably using STK drives. Have you installed the correct
tape drivers for your tape technology (e.g. 9840B/C, Ultrium or 9940A/B)?

3. Is your SAN correctly zoned? Do you have any unkown devices?

I would probably need more information on how your solution is setup to be
able to help you with the issue of the tapes not being seen by the
operating system.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK>
2005-02-23 14:31
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
SV: External Library def problem?????

Hi Ricard and TSM_user

Thanks for the help.

But I can't still see the tapedrive from the Windows server.

                 Regards
                 Bo Nielsen
                                               * +45 4386 4671
                 Coop Norden IT                        * (Internt
postcenter): 6244
                 Data & Storage Center              *
mailto:bo.nielsen AT coop DOT dk

Remember, a dead fish can float downstream,
But it takes a live one to svim upstream. - W.C. Fields.