ADSM-L

Regarding 3494 lib and volume catagories

2005-02-22 09:13:56
Subject: Regarding 3494 lib and volume catagories
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:56:26 +0000
Hi all

At the moment our IBM 3494 tape library with 2 internal 3590 H1A tape
drives is used by just one TSM server ( running Solaris 2.7 ). But, in the
near future I am being asked to make it available for use by another server
( BRMS running on an AS400 ). This is something I know very little about,
but am aware that it has something to do with categories within the tape
library. So only one server will have access to category 'a' while another
will access category 'b' for example ( at least I think it's as simple as
that ). But I do not understand exactly where these categories are defined
and how to tell TSM not to use volumes of category 'b' for example. I am
not worrying about the BRMS side of things as this will be dealt with by
another department.

Can anyone point me in the direction for some good resources on this and
indeed can anyone who already does this give me any advice.

Many thanks in advance

All the best

Farren Minns

John Wiley & Sons Ltd

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.