ADSM-L

Migration form Storagepool Disk to Storagepool Disk

2005-02-20 15:35:50
Subject: Migration form Storagepool Disk to Storagepool Disk
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:35:21 +0100
At the moment i try to install and configure our new TSM environment wth TSM
5.3, Windows 2003, FC and ATA Disk at 2 EMC Clariion - no tapes
The storagepool hirarchy should be the following:

1) Fast small FC Disks (RAID 5) for daily small and medium Files
next to
2) ATA Disk (RAID 5) with  migdelay = 10 days (daily changed files should
expire before migration to sequentail pool)
next to
3) large ATA squential Pool as last part of the chain and for large, daily
Files (TDP full ?)

In my first tests i had trouble with migration from 1 to 2:
mig process were starting, but doing nothing.
The process could not be canceled.
Everything else was ok (1->3, direct ->2, 2->3)

I am not sure whether it is possible to do migration from disk to disk.
Anyone had the same experience, TSM bug?
Kind regards,
Stefan Holzwarth